COVID-19 & RE-OPENING
Information Regarding Westmount Baptist Church Reopening for September 13
It is with great joy that we announce to you that a committee, made up of the pastors, and the board, has decided that the church will resume Sunday Services. We are grateful to God that this day has arrived, and we are asking you to partner with us in ensuring that it is a positive experience for everyone involved.
The committee has decided that the reopening will occur in two phases in order to allow everyone to adjust to the necessary changes. In the initial phase (the first four weeks) the church will be open for a service on Sunday but will remain closed the rest of the week. The service will last approximately one hour. There will be babysitting for children under eleven, and children eleven and older will remain with their parents.
To accommodate those who cannot attend the regular service, live streaming will also be offered so those at home can follow the service live
You wont need to pre-register!
Due to the large seating capacity of our building, we should be able to accommodate the entire congregation, even with social distancing.
You will, however, be asked by our ushering team to register your presence. This is not required by law but it will enable us to do contact tracing.
We have taken all the necessary measures to ensure that the service proceeds in an organized and peaceful manner.
Please note the following changes we have made for your benefit.
1. Alcohol-based hand sanitizer will be available at the entrance, in the sanctuary and in all restrooms
2. A presence book will be available at the entry
3. Masks will be provided for those who come without one
4. Reminder sheets with all the sanitary rules will be posted at several locations
5. Some of the pews have been blocked off and arrows have been taped on the floors
6. The bathrooms will be available for one person at a time
7. The kitchen and non-essential parts of the church will be closed
Please do your part following these health safety rules:
1. Use hand sanitizer as you enter and leave the building
2. Maintain 2m social distance from other members (with the exception of family groups)
3. Keep your mask on throughout the service. Wearing a mask is mandatory in a closed space.
4. Use the designated seating area
10:15 -10:30 Arrival of ushering team and volunteers
10:30 – 11:00 Arrival and registration on members
11:00 – 11:45 The Service
11:45- Members leave the building and fellowship outside if they wish
Feel free to contact Calina if you have any questions or suggestions.
Calina Constantinescu (Reopening coordinator)
Children and Youth Ministry Director
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sunday service time 11 am & Friday prayer service 7 pm
"I rejoiced with those who said to me, “Let us go to the house of the Lord” _ Psalm 122:1